Hip three and two

Hip three and two
Hip three (with screws) and hip two about to get a facelift

Thursday 26 April 2012

Six weeks post hip replacement

Life if gradually settling into a familiar pattern for which I am eternally grateful. I am back to work and back driving. I have a disabled pass which enables me to get a decent parking spot - life couldn't get any better surely!! The weird pain stopped and I
have stopped taking pain medication during the day. The nights can still feel a bit achy but nothing too bad. My limp is still quite pronounced and you can still see where my thigh has wasted away. The job is to build the damn thing up again. I have no idea when I'll walk again unaided but I will probably move next week from my crutches to a walking stick. Melbourne's wet weather is regularly providing a perilous path, slippery leaves, shiny pavements - all things you'd generally take for granted, send my body into self preservation mode.

I'm about to start a painting and the children's book I'm working on is coming along. Don't be jealous, but check out my Joint Replacement Card - I can't wait to flash it at the airport as someone prepares to check me for explosives.

No comments:

Post a Comment