Hip three and two

Hip three and two
Hip three (with screws) and hip two about to get a facelift

Friday 11 May 2012

8 weeks post hip replacement

For a week now I've been using my walking stick and could feel my walking gradually improving. Trying to remember the pace at which I last recovered was sketchy so today I popped in to a Physio to get the lay of the land.

I slunk in, knowing that I could have been doing more reps and a more diverse and challenging suite of exercises than what I was currently doing. This was confirmed pretty much straight away when he asked me about my current Physio regime.

Ok so 20 reps of 5 different exercises twice a day would see me walking normally in about 20 years so I'm amping things up.

The Physio gave me a stretchy green rope to attach to a chair so I could introduce some resistance training, that and he nominated and showed me 6 exercises, three lots of 15-20 reps three times a day. I've never exercised that much with normal legs.

Anyway I've set myself a two week challenge so I'll check back at week ten and see whether I'm cane free.


1 comment:

  1. That green rope looks very very interesting! Go Kerrie!

    ReplyDelete