Hip three and two

Hip three and two
Hip three (with screws) and hip two about to get a facelift

Tuesday 29 May 2012

It's been how long?

So, it's been eleven, yes ELEVEN weeks since my hip replacement. I've even been back at work for five weeks - where the hell does time go.

What I have learnt is that being positive doesn't make a walking stick go away or weird aches and pains disappear. I can go for a half an hour or so here and there without my stick but something still doesn't feel right.

I'm seeing my surgeon again on June 12th and will have some X-rays. I wonder through a few tears if I'll be like this forever? Certainly my kids won't mind - they've grown accustomed to it

A three month plus recovery period certainly wasn't on the radar.
I've got a lot of running around to do, especially with two kids under ten. Who knows. I might have to pop Bianca's bubbles with a walking stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment