Hip three and two

Hip three and two
Hip three (with screws) and hip two about to get a facelift

Thursday 14 June 2012

Happy 3 month anniversary yer bastard hip.

Yes well things haven't exactly gone to plan - well my plan that is. A recent meeting with my surgeon reveals that this op was far complicated than my last op which comparatively speaking seems like a (limp free) walk in the park. My bone graft is still doing its thing, god knows how long that's going to take. I'm going back to see Peter with a list of questions. In the meantime, my waking stick and I are still joined at the hip. I know I have to be patient, but I don't know whether I 'll need my walking stick for three months or three years or forever? Hopefully I 'll get more of an indication soon. I have periods of walking normally, this might be around the house or at the supermarket, but my limp quickly returns, as does the discomfort. I also discovered that I shouldn't be doing any rigorous exercise, so the last physio I saw took me off course for a week with inappropriate exercises. It's hard not really having any control over my recovery. It's like watching grass grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment